Thursday, August 11, 2022

big walk, random thoughts

Big old walk coming up. Another 100 miler. Doing it over 8 or 9 days (depending on our weenie status). Really hoping it goes well. So far so good! I forgot to bring my tent and hiking poles so that's pretty cool and fun. My flights got all fudged up because one got cancelled and another that was way earlier in the day got pushed til after I landed. Sucks for them, rules for me. Ended up getting to Seattle around 1:30 and got picked up at like 3 because tj and k both fell asleep lol.  I understand it was very late. I really should've just gotten a normal flight.  The ones really late at night always end up messed up somehow.

I really can't explain now excited I am to get away from it all though.  To just grab my pack and my stove and food and just freakin WALK for a REALLY LONG TIME up and down trails and through the brush.  It's all I've been able to think about for a week. I really need a reprieve from work. Which is funny because I am one of the biggest slackers this side of the Mississippi. I barely do anything but man oh man that doesn't mean I don't need some time off from all the emails and stupid little teams conversations and meetings and dumb manager jokes. I think I'm starting to see eye to eye a little bit with the boomers that are suggesting people go back to he office though.  I really am getting lonely and I"ve noticed people (and this could be totally in my head) have been more socially inept lately.  Maybe it's just because I notice that stuff more now because I'm more conscious of it? Or perhaps this lockdown and the forced separation from one another have caused us to become more insular, solitary. We're more aggressive towards our fellow people and social media has also spurned this on.  I hate to sound like a typical "this next generation is fricked" boomer, but man oh man, this upcoming generation is the most phone addled, wannabe celebrity generation we've ever had.  

Ah fuck I'm sounding like an old man.  And also I'm getting sniffly because there's a cat here who LOVES me, which is great since I have a cat allergy.  Oh well. Life happens.  Looking forward to the trip!! Will be transferring over to paper space in just a couple short days..


I got back on Tinder. I'm just too lonely and I really don't know how to meet people in real life.  I've been doing social activities with people but I realized recently that all the social stuff I go to I just end up talking to a bunch of dudes (because single girls I don't think go to that kind of stuff because they know there will just be a bunch of thirsty dudes looking for a girlfriend lol..) so I need to figure out some other social stuff to be a part of where there may actually be women.  Anyway, I'm back on Tinder.  I got onto it and decided to pay for it this time.  I thought "surely, if I pay for this app and give them a little incentive they will perhaps boost me or maybe rank me up in the swipe order, but I think that is not the case! When you don't pay for the app, they have a reason to boost you a little more.  They have a reason to give you a little preferential treatment so you pay for the app. They're counting on people like me who are meh but have money.  I got way more matches on Tinder when I wasn't paying for it.  Like I remember the last time I made an account I immediately started getting a ton of likes and even got a few matches.  This time I paid for it off rip and received like 3 likes.. and that's it.  Nothing else. I haven't gotten a like in like 3 days!! So predatory! So I'm not paying for a second month. I guess I'll just deal with it. Maybe I'll remake my profile entirely from scratch and do a blind comparison haha.  Actually that's a good idea..

No comments:

Post a Comment

happiness

     I feel like things have finally been going well.  These days I don't feel as lost as I used to. I wake up each day and I look at my...